Kayak north to the Marine Reserve and then return to Marahau via the coastal track.
4 Days/3 Nights:
2 Day Kayak: Marahau – Onetahuti/2 Day Walk: Onetahuti - Marahau.
We have put together this four day (2 kayaking/2 walking) so you can explore Marahau to Onetahuti. This trip will see you kayaking the diverse and stunning coastline between Marahau and Onetahuti beach over two days and then retracing your footsteps via the coastal track back to Marahau. We make all this possible by collecting your kayak for you on day two at Onetahuti and leave you to walk South through what Lonely Planet describes as the most beautiful section of track in the park. Spend your last night at Anchorage before heading back to our base in Marahau for a hot shower.
Camp passes are included in our packaged price. We book these passes on your behalf. Please note if you are a New Zealand resident choose the New Zealand Resident price, if you are an International Visitor choose International Visitor price.
Recommended campsites: Night 1: Observation Beach or Te Pukatea Bay. Night 2: Onetahuti or Tonga Quarry. Night 3: Anchorage.
- Start paddling at Marahau and finish at Onetahuti.
- Don’t paddle the same coastline twice!
- 2 days of kayaking allows plenty of time to explore all the way up the Marine Reserve.
- Walk over the 47m suspension bridge across Falls River.
- On your kayaking days, choose to stay at the smaller campsites in the park that you can only access from the water.
Hut or Aquapacker accommodation is available for an additional cost, please contact us to arrange.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).Book This Trip Download Itinerary & Map