Paddle the calm waters of the Astrolabe before heading around the point to Anchorage and then walking on to Bark Bay or Onetahuti.
2 Days/1 Night
1 Day Kayak: Marahau – Anchorage/1 Day Walk: Anchorage - Bark Bay or Onetahuti.
This is our second option for confident outdoors people, or at least those with good common sense. Day one is a paddle from Marahau north to Anchorage Bay. The Water Taxi will collect your kayak from here at the end of day one. You'll spend the night at Anchorage and on day two continue north to either Bark Bay or Onetahuti. This section of the coastal track crosses the famous Falls River swing bridge. Enjoy glimpses of the sea through the lush native bush. A Water Taxi cruise back to Marahau completes your trip on day two. If the walk seems a little long check out our 2 Day Kayak & Walk South back to Marahau.
- Fully explore the Astrolabe/Anchorage area by kayak.
- Drift into the Torrent Bay lagoon on a high tide.
- Have your kayak picked up at the end of day one.
- Spend a night at Anchorage.
- Walk North along the coastal track to Bark Bay or Onetahuti.
- Enjoy the walk across the 47m swing bridge over Falls River.
- At the end of your walk be picked up by the Water Taxi.
Make your first day easier and book a bag/pack transfer to Anchorage for $15 per bag/pack.
Recommended campsite: Anchorage. Campsite included in price which we book on your behalf.
Hut or Aquapacker accommodation is available for an additional cost, please contact us to arrange.
Minimum group size 2 (no solo hires).Download Itinerary & Map